The health and social care needs of our population are changing. Across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, there are more people living longer in ill health with complex needs, unprecedented levels of demand for care and support, workforce shortages and ever increasing funding constraints. Using new digital infrastructure and technologies we can address the challenges head on and as a result, improve health and care services across our region.
The benefits of using digital technology for people using health and social care services are:
- Better communication and access to information in one place.
- Ability to communicate non-urgent issues and queries 24/7.
- Better self-care and management i.e. via remote monitoring.
- Enables all family/carers to have access to health and care information.
- Patient initiated follow-up.
- Access to technology enabled care to support independent living.
- Improved digital access and health literacy, and reduced social exclusion.
You can use the NHS App to:
- order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
- book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
- get health advice – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments. You can also answer questions to get instant advice or medical help near you.
- view your health record – securely access your GP health record, to see information like your allergies and your current and past medicines. If your GP has given you access to your detailed medical record, you can also see information like test results and details of your consultations.
- register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
- find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
- view your NHS number – find out what your NHS number is.
Patient Knows Best (PKB) is a social enterprise and technology platform. It’s designed to help health and social care providers bring together patient data, along with the patient’s own data. Creating one secure Personal Health Record (PHR) for the patient. It is the first PHR to integrate with the NHS App making it more accessible to more people across the UK.
Patients can login to access everything from appointment letters and test results, to their multi-disciplinary care plans. To empower patients to play an active role in their health and wellbeing, they can use specially designed tools to monitor and track their health condition.